Complete three rounds each of the two circuits below. Perform each of the exercises for 45 seconds and rest for 15 seconds in between. Take a minute rest between circuits.
1. Renegade Rows – Grab the dumbbells and get into the top of a pushup position with your hands on the weights and your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart. Bend your right arm and raise the dumbbell to chest level, pressing the left dumbbell into the floor for balance. Lower the weight to the floor, then repeat the move on the left side.
2. Goblet Squat – Hold a dumbbell vertically next to your chest, with both hands cupping the dumbbell head, elbows pointing down to the floor. Brace your abs, and lower your body as far as possible by pushing your hips back and bending your knees. Your elbows should brush the insides of your knees. Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position.
3. Russian Twists – Sitting down lean back slightly and bend your knees with your feet off the ground (leave your feet on the ground if you are a beginner) so you make a v with your torso and legs. Hold a dumbbell in front of you and twist with your waist to the left and then back to the right.
1 Minute Rest
1. Pushups – Start in a plank position (on hands and feet) then lower your body to a couple of inches off the ground and push back up again. To modify start on your hands and knees then lower your body to a couple of inches off the ground and push back up again.
2. Deadlift – Stand with the dumbbells above the center of your feet – your stance should be a bit narrower than shoulder-width to give your arms room. Push your hips back and lower the weights close to your body while keeping a flat back. Go until just below the knees (or however low you can go while keeping your back flat) then stand back up using your hamstrings. 3. Plank – Hold body in a pushup position (on hands or elbows). Keep hands under shoulders. Do not let hips drop, keep back flat and your abs pulled in tight.